Foster Care Assistance

Enrollment of a Foster Child

Foster care parents, social workers or other legal guardians will be allowed to immediately enroll children in Sand Springs Public Schools.  We understand that all necessary paperwork (birth certificates, shot records, academic records, special education records, etc.) may not be immediately available and want to provide a smooth transition for the student into our district. We will contact the home school district for the records and make adaptations as needed. After enrollment the following guardianship or legal custody documents shall be provided for verification by the foster family or CWA:

  • Power of attorney

  • Affidavit

  • Court Order